Thursday, January 13, 2011

Confessional

Bless me father for I have sinned it has been.....a LONG time since my last confession. I am guilty of:

1.  Mixing loads of laundry..I just never seem to have enough whites for a just whites load!

2.  Making frozen pizza/raviolli/grilled cheese/chicken nuggets to feed my children when I am left home alone with them.

3.  Handing my children a Pop Tart and a juice box and saying, "Watch a movie" (or two) in the other room when they wake me up at 6:00 on Saturdays.

4.  Skipping the gym when I am tired.

5.  Encouraging my children to play upstairs so it's quiet downstairs where I am.

6.  Drinking caffiene while pregnant (and eating lunch meat, feta cheese, and chocolate..)

7.  Singing (loudly) in the car.

8.  Turning above mentioned car radio up loudly to drain out the whinning of above mentioned children.

9.  Throwing out,er, RECYCLING! papers that needed to be graded several weeks ago..

10.  Letting the dishes pile up in the sink for a day.

11.  Staying in my pajamas all day and doing nothing every once in a while.

12.  Eating hot fudge straight out of the container.

13.  Making my children get me something if I just got comfortable on the couch.

14.  Suggesting a favorite movie for family movie night just because I would like to watch it again!

15.  Matching socks only once or twice a year and letting my three year old wear mismatched socks, which he loves, because it makes me feel better about my lack of motivation to match them.

16.  Putting the kids to bed early when I am left alone with them so that I can squeeze an extra 20 minutes or so of me time out of the deal.

17.  Buying things for my children that they don't need.

18.  Reading young adult novels and enjoying them. 

19.  Reading an extra chapter during story time because I want to know what is going to happen.

20.  Laying in bed snuggling my three year old when I should be showering and getting ready for the day.

How many Hail Mary's will that be?

2 comments:

  1. Love it!! Sounds/sounded/sounds just like MEE!!! =) Hope you have a restful night! =) I need the time to blog...I got to!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious!! You are so good at this, Chriss! Your writing is as entertaining as your conversation!! Keep them coming, Trish and I will be your number one fans!

    ReplyDelete